Friday, October 2, 2015

Georgina.....our youngest volunteer!

Usually we get volunteers who are young adults to assist with the different tasks at the Wildlife Conservation and Rehabilitation Centre....but on the 1st of October we had our youngest volunteer who is on her way to become a teenager!!
Georgina Davidson is an enthusiastic South African girl who was of great assistance at the centre...... here is how she describes her experience....

" My class has to help the community or do some environmental work to help us become true Leaders, we call Personal Outreach Program. I wanted to do environmental work.......little did I know how interesting and fun it would be! The first thing I did arriving at the centre was check out the cutest little thing I've ever encountered in my life....Baby Project a small Black mud terrapin. We then put on the strangest shoes to go into the wetland and retrieve some terrapin traps and carried them back to the centre, sadly we hadn't caught anything. However, I shall never forget walking through a few spider webs as we were walking, until I decided to walk behind Vanessa....so she would go through them all and create a clear path for me!

 Back at the centre I fed Baby Project and then Vanessa gave me the task of sweeping the Veranda....I had barely swept in my life and when we had finally finished, we went to do some Chemistry as we collected water samples for testing...I enjoyed the Chemistry! We then had lunch on the Intendance beach....let's just say I know what I'll be doing next holiday and for my future job!"

No comments:

Post a Comment