Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Felicitas learning Seychelles wildlife...

Time is just flying here and that’s only because it is so much fun to work here at MCSS in the awesome team at the Conservation and Rehabilitation Centre at the Banyan Tree Resort, located at Anse Intendance. 
The first three weeks have passed and I have already learned very much – for that I´m really grateful!
I´m 24 years old and I´m studying Biology with a focus on Ecology, Evolution and social Behavior in the 2nd semester in the Masters program at the University Constance, in Germany.
My work here at MCSS is quite diverse ranging from monitoring of Terrapins, Sea Turtles and Birds to cleaning the Wetlands and the vegetation near the sea. I am also involved in educational tasks for guests visiting the Centre or preparations of events e.g. in schools.
So far I have caught one Black Mud Terrapin, which was not identified yet – so I could choose a new name for him: “Liwo”.
Another nice experience was a workshop at the University about diseases of amphibians, their threats and potential improvements of problems. It was interesting to see how the different environmental groups work together. Furthermore we could already apply our newly learned skills at an amphibian excursion in Sans-Souci.
The next special event in which I participated was the 20th birthday of MCSS and the opening  of the first ex-situ coral gardening tanks in the Seychelles at the Le Meridian Fisherman's Cove.



I am looking forward to new experiences in the next 5 weeks!
A big thank you to the MCSS team for doing such a good work, for making the world a bit better! 


No comments:

Post a Comment