Thursday, August 24, 2017

Spencer in the team

Hello all I am the new intern………. Spencer!


Over the next 9 weeks, I am set to willingly commit my mind body and soul to the Anse Forbans Community Conservation Project (AFCCP). As someone who is wholeheartedly passionate about wildlife and habitat preservation, this represents itself as an exciting opportunity to put into practice everything I have learnt through my academic endeavours; and to gain valuable hands-on experience.

As someone with a freshwater background, the opportunity to work in the wetlands of South Mahé is something that I am very keen to get stuck into. However; as I wish to broaden my areas of expertise, being able to work in the mangroves and coral reefs that surround Anse Forbans is one of the major factors of why I applied to MCSS and the AFCCP project.

The team here has been unbelievably friendly and welcoming. Finding the perfect balance between independent work and guidance whilst out in the field or working on new software back in the office. My somewhat short amount of time already spent here has flown by, and suddenly 9 weeks may feel like too short a time.



One team, one dream.


Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment