Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Hello from the new intern - Luana Jungmann

Hello everybody !
I joined MCSS team last week and I will be working for the Banyan Tree Project for one month. My name is Luana, I am a Brazilian-French Master student and as everyone here, I am really concerned about our nature and more precisely about marine and coastal environment.

As some of you may already know, during the nesting season sea turtles come to lay their eggs in some of the beaches in MahĂ© Island (Seychelles). My main goal this month will be to study which beaches are most used by turtles and to see how often each turtle goes back to the same beach both during the same nesting season and different seasons.   
In addition to that, I will be helping the conservation team with all the other activities like freshwater turtles monitoring, birds monitoring, maintenance of the conservation center and guests interaction.
I will soon post some more pictures of this adventure.
Keep both eyes on it!
Luana


No comments:

Post a Comment